Matt Lloyd on Kleptocracy 5.13b

Happy New Years everyone! I hope that 2012 is great. 2011 was a rough year for a lot of us. This year can only be better. I'm in a new place with new opportunities. I can't wait to see what will happen this year.

Last week my friend Matt Lloyd asked me to come out and photograph him on his project, Kleptocracy, a 5.13b at the Quarry Wall in Golden, Colorado. I gladly obliged. It was great to get out of the apartment and onto the rock. I apparently missed the trail and bushwacked straight up the mountain. I am definitely not accustomed to climbing at close to 6,000 feet carrying pounds and pounds of camera and climbing gear. When Matt greeted me at the top he said, "Carrying all of that will definitely get you into shape." I have to learn to travel lighter somehow. 



The face of "f'ing try hard"


The Coors Brewery in Golden, Colorado. The Quarry Wall looks over Golden and Denver. Beautiful location.

Colorado is so beautiful. The trail that I should have taken to get up...was much easier going down. 

Unknown

I've worked all over her globe with a diverse set of clients that offer a diverse set of challenges; every one of them a learning opportunity. Whether I'm hanging off a frozen waterfall shooting ice climbing or in a studio working with a model I am adapting, learning, and improving. I've created a mobile studio in the middle of a wild adventure race in southern Patagonia and fought with monkeys to keep my grapes in southern India. Whatever the challenge I will get the shot.

With my photography background firmly formed in the commercial advertising arena, I bring that attention to detail and technical process to adventure photography. And I've spent my entire life adventuring, so I can get any angle you can imagine.

I feel very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place as Boulder, CO. When I'm not shooting for clients I'm out climbing rocks or frozen waterfalls, or cruising down in the backcountry on my skis.

www.dscottclarkphoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment