Major Taylors Skate Park


Chuck jumping a barrel. f/5, 1/400th of a second (not fast enough to prevent motion blur). Speedlite 580EXII on camera acting as a master unit controlling the Speedlite 430EXII camera right set at 1/2 power. 

On a Saturday about a month back I had spent the day scouting locations for the running shoot I published of two runners. After finding the suitable locations for the running shoot I had wanted to go back to Major Taylors Skate Park,  near Marian College in Indianapolis. I had photographed this skate park about a year and half before in the post titled, "Drive By Shooting", and I wanted to catch some more skaters in action.

I like to be an active person and I want my photographs to reflect that. I love shooting rock climbing and skiing because I'm an active member of those communities, but I just want to cover everything active. I am not a skate boarder, or a runner for that matter, but I definitely respect those communities.

f/5, 1/500th @ ISO 320


f/5, 1/500th @ ISO 320. Speedlite @ 1/2 power camera right. 

Making Art. f/5, 1/500th @ ISO 320. Speedlite @ 1/2 power camera right.

f/5, 1/500th @ ISO 320. Speedlite @ 1/2 power camera right.

Add caption
Miles Jones ripping it up. f/5, 1/320th @ ISO 320. Speedlite @ 1/2 power camera right. Lesson in motion: Catch the subject at the apex of the flight; here is when they are traveling the slowest. If they were purely going straight up then down then at the Apex velocity = 0.
f/5, 1/320th @ ISO 320.


f/5, 1/320th @ ISO 320. Speedlite @ 1/2 power camera left. 

Jordan Mouning inaugurating the new graffiti. f/5, 1/200th @ ISO 320. Speedlite @ 1/2 power camera left. Yongnou Speedlite YN-560 set on the ramp. Because this flash operates as an optical slave and will not high-speed sync, I had to lower my shutter speed to 1/200th. 

Unknown

I've worked all over her globe with a diverse set of clients that offer a diverse set of challenges; every one of them a learning opportunity. Whether I'm hanging off a frozen waterfall shooting ice climbing or in a studio working with a model I am adapting, learning, and improving. I've created a mobile studio in the middle of a wild adventure race in southern Patagonia and fought with monkeys to keep my grapes in southern India. Whatever the challenge I will get the shot.

With my photography background firmly formed in the commercial advertising arena, I bring that attention to detail and technical process to adventure photography. And I've spent my entire life adventuring, so I can get any angle you can imagine.

I feel very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place as Boulder, CO. When I'm not shooting for clients I'm out climbing rocks or frozen waterfalls, or cruising down in the backcountry on my skis.

www.dscottclarkphoto.com

3 comments:

  1. This is very fascinating, You're a very professional blogger. Ive joined your rss feed and look ahead to in quest of more of your excellent post. Additionally, I've shared your website in my social networks!

    colleges with photography majors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jeremy, I appreciate the blogging love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bruce. I post new ones whenever I have something to share. Sometimes that's a few times a week, sometimes it's a couple times a month. But I try for it to be the former.

    ReplyDelete