Maple Canyon, Utah

I drove out to Outdoor Retailer this year with fellow photographer, John Lloyd. After the show we drove down to Maple Canyon to pull on the weird conglomerate rock structures there. John convinced me to go for a hike to catch the sunset above the canyon. I think we saw a part of the canyon that most climbers never see. We just missed the sun setting over the pass, but it was still incredibly beautiful.










The hike out was one of the more unpleasant parts of the trip. We somehow missed the trail and ended up hiking miles around on a 4x4 trail, tripping over loose baby-head sized rocks. We were psyched to get back to the car. I definitely want to get back to Maple to climb more and maybe actually see the sunset hitting the canyon. 

Unknown

I've worked all over her globe with a diverse set of clients that offer a diverse set of challenges; every one of them a learning opportunity. Whether I'm hanging off a frozen waterfall shooting ice climbing or in a studio working with a model I am adapting, learning, and improving. I've created a mobile studio in the middle of a wild adventure race in southern Patagonia and fought with monkeys to keep my grapes in southern India. Whatever the challenge I will get the shot.

With my photography background firmly formed in the commercial advertising arena, I bring that attention to detail and technical process to adventure photography. And I've spent my entire life adventuring, so I can get any angle you can imagine.

I feel very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place as Boulder, CO. When I'm not shooting for clients I'm out climbing rocks or frozen waterfalls, or cruising down in the backcountry on my skis.

www.dscottclarkphoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment