Skiing in August

I woke up too early to meet up with Eric Poore and Ian Bolliger Sunday morning. We were determined to do some ski turns in August, so we drove up to St. Mary's Glacier. Positioned on the Continental Divide in the Indian Peaks, the glacier has a snowpack year round.

With only a 3/4 mile approach, whether or not there was actually snow to ski, it was little effort to get to the base.


Ian and Eric bootpack to the top of the glacier (to something like 11,200ft) 

Ian watches Eric make some epic turns on the top of the glacier

Even with a broken wrist, Eric was super excited to be back on skis! 

He couldn't contain himself.

Eric makes a slash above St Mary's Lake
There was a steep couloir to the south of the main glacier that still had snowback, so we decided to ski it as well. 

Eric bootpacks the slope for a second run


Eric had to get 3rd run in...good laps for August

Ian modeling his Prana shorts


Wild Flowers! 

It was great to be back on skis and to get out again with Eric. Can't wait for more adventures this fall! 

Unknown

I've worked all over her globe with a diverse set of clients that offer a diverse set of challenges; every one of them a learning opportunity. Whether I'm hanging off a frozen waterfall shooting ice climbing or in a studio working with a model I am adapting, learning, and improving. I've created a mobile studio in the middle of a wild adventure race in southern Patagonia and fought with monkeys to keep my grapes in southern India. Whatever the challenge I will get the shot.

With my photography background firmly formed in the commercial advertising arena, I bring that attention to detail and technical process to adventure photography. And I've spent my entire life adventuring, so I can get any angle you can imagine.

I feel very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place as Boulder, CO. When I'm not shooting for clients I'm out climbing rocks or frozen waterfalls, or cruising down in the backcountry on my skis.

www.dscottclarkphoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment