The More I Shoot the More I Learn


The more I shoot the more I learn. As it should be. Sometimes you have a great shoot where you love everything, and sometimes you leave feeling like you knew you could have done better. I think you learn the most from the latter. 

You can light it differently, look for a different angle, use different framing, communicate with the subject better, etc. It can be any number of things. But I also find that even when I leave feeling like that, when I look through my photos I find something that surprises me. 

Just some random thoughts.

View from the backside of the 3rd Flatiron looking south east. 

The second Flatiron as seen from the 3rd, overlooking Boulder. It's amazing that this trailhead is 5 minutes from my apartment door.

Unknown

I've worked all over her globe with a diverse set of clients that offer a diverse set of challenges; every one of them a learning opportunity. Whether I'm hanging off a frozen waterfall shooting ice climbing or in a studio working with a model I am adapting, learning, and improving. I've created a mobile studio in the middle of a wild adventure race in southern Patagonia and fought with monkeys to keep my grapes in southern India. Whatever the challenge I will get the shot.

With my photography background firmly formed in the commercial advertising arena, I bring that attention to detail and technical process to adventure photography. And I've spent my entire life adventuring, so I can get any angle you can imagine.

I feel very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place as Boulder, CO. When I'm not shooting for clients I'm out climbing rocks or frozen waterfalls, or cruising down in the backcountry on my skis.

www.dscottclarkphoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment