Wenger Patagonian Expedition Race

I found out two days ago that I will be the official photographer for the Wengen Patagonian Expedition Race in the southern most part of Chilé, IE only about a two hour flight from Antarctica! I entered a photo contest put on by Wenger and National Geographic kind of on a whim. I did not expect to win. But when I landed in Salt Lake City on Thursday, I received a voicemail by a lady named Ann that I could barely hear. Something about, "Congratulations," and "You're going to Chilé." She called me back and let me know what was going on. I am in Utah for the Outdoor Retailer Tradeshow, and she told me to find Denis at the Wenger booth. Denis explained the race to me a bit better and connected me with Michael Clark, who has photographed the race for the last three years. You can read his account of the 2009 race here.

I am super excited to go to Chilé and photograph this race, but nervous for the toll it will take on my equipment. (Michael related some horror stories about the environment he's endured, and the gear he has ruined.) This is a great opportunity, and I cannot wait to take off. 

Unknown

I've worked all over her globe with a diverse set of clients that offer a diverse set of challenges; every one of them a learning opportunity. Whether I'm hanging off a frozen waterfall shooting ice climbing or in a studio working with a model I am adapting, learning, and improving. I've created a mobile studio in the middle of a wild adventure race in southern Patagonia and fought with monkeys to keep my grapes in southern India. Whatever the challenge I will get the shot.

With my photography background firmly formed in the commercial advertising arena, I bring that attention to detail and technical process to adventure photography. And I've spent my entire life adventuring, so I can get any angle you can imagine.

I feel very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place as Boulder, CO. When I'm not shooting for clients I'm out climbing rocks or frozen waterfalls, or cruising down in the backcountry on my skis.

www.dscottclarkphoto.com

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome Scott! I can't wait to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I'm gona build a DIY beautydish for my Speedlite 430EX II, and i saw your guide: http://scottfoto.blogspot.com/2009/02/diy-beauty-dish-light-diffusing-bowl.html

    I was just wondering, where is the convexed mirror placed?
    I can't seem to understand where it is!

    Best regards,
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Rachael!

    Nick, the convex mirror goes on the inside of the CD case, facing the flash.

    ReplyDelete